What a great week of weather we’ve had and I know we’ve all gotten a good start to another great summer. Summer for many means backyards, bbq’s and of course swimming pools. Way too many people are injured or worse in pools each year so make sure you’re doing your part to keep it safe.
- Fence the pool area to restrict access when you’re not around to supervise.
- Never leave children unsupervised and never leave toys floating in the pool as they can be a deadly temptation for toddlers.
- Make sure filters and other mechanical devices are in proper working order. In case of emergency be sure to know how to shut these devices off.
- Have emergency numbers easily accessible along with a first aid kit, life ring and reaching poles. Give serious consideration to taking a CPR course.
- And lastly, clearly understand the ability of all swimmers using your pool as some may need more supervision than others.
For more pool safety and other water safety tips please visit The Lifesaving Society.